With Smartphones becoming more intelligent and being part of our everyday lives we are constantly looking for new ways to integrate this technology into Mercedes cars.
Using Apple CarPlay and Android Auto allows us to safely use various apps from our Smartphones and control them using the standard controls of the car and our voices.
Here at Braybrooks we are constantly researching new product and all other options to continually extend our range. We currently have a solution for Apple CarPlay and Android auto for most Mercedes models from around 2012 onwards are are actively trying to make this ALL Mercedes models.
We now have three methods of achieving CarPlay/Android Auto in Mercedes cars (model and radio dependant)
- OBD Activation. We can mail you a device that simply changes the settings in your current radio to activate CarPlay & Android Auto
- Using our computer diagnostics we can communicate with your radio and manipulate the settings to activate CarPlay & Android Auto
- SmartBox installation. We can install (or mail for self-install) a hardware solution that will give CarPlay/Android Auto on your existing screen using existing controls. New systems now offer a wireless connection for CarPlay.
Please contact us with your VIN number, or registration number, and we can check which options will work for your car.
Some of the most popular apps used on CarPlay and Android Auto are:
- Google Maps. Navigation
- Waze. Navigation
- Spotify. Music
- Apple Music
- Amazon Music
- Radioplayer. Internet Radio
- TuneIt. Internet Radio
- & many more!
Our MailOrder Promise
We are not ‘box-sellers’. Whilst we may not be the cheapest place to order this product we are unique in that we can offer a service backed by significant experience in this rapidly changing market-place.
- We have tried and tested many inferior products and will only sell product that we know to be functional and reliable.
- We will research the exact spec of your car before we sell you anything to check compatibility.
- We will assist by email, phone, text or WhatsApp during ‘your’ installation.
- In the event of any complication we will usually have an alternative option and are happy to discuss returning products.
Many Mercedes cars from around 2011 to 2015 use a system called NTG4.5. These systems do not have in-built facilities for CarPlay or Android Auto but we can still achieve this by using a SmartBox.VIEW RANGE
Many Mercedes cars from around 2015 to 2019 use a system called NTG5.1. These systems all have in-built facilities for CarPlay or Android Auto but depending on Firmware levels some are not always available. But we can always achieve a solution by using a SmartBox.
- A, B, CLA and GLA class 2015 & 2016. Early firmware: no functionality, Later firmware: CarPlay only, Latest 2020 firmware: activation blocked.
- A, B, CLA and GLA Class 2016-2019. Original firmware: full activation of CarPlay and Android Auto, Latest 2020 firmware: activation blocked.
- A, B, CLA & GLA 2019 on with MBUX. Activation using Mercedes Me app. (Or SmartBox solution HERE)
- SLC 2015 on. CarPlay and Android Auto available.
- E class 212 2015. CarPlay and Android Auto available.
- GLE class 2015 – 2019. Original firmware: full activation of CarPlay and Android Auto, Latest 2020 firmware: activation blocked.
- C 205 and GLC class. All models. Activation Blocked. (SmartBox solution HERE)
- E class 213 2016 on with Comand. Activation by our diagnostic computers
- E class 213 2016 -2018 with Audio 20. Activation not available.
- E class 213 2019 on with Audio 20. Activation by our diagnostic computers
Unfortunately Mercedes have also blocked the ability to check what level of firmware that you are running. We are happy to discuss options and will refund if our devices fail to achieve the desired result (subject to a handling fee)
Please call on 08000 520292 to confirm compatibility and place your order, or email your chassis number (or reg no) to: firstname.lastname@example.orgVIEW RANGE